Re: Cohen's Ecologic Studies, etc., etc......

Hi All,

This discussion is getting tiresome!  It seems that nobody states

what the real object of the epidemilogical work is! Nobody seems

to care just how large the errors of the risks are after that smoking

correction is made!! Well, three months ago, Joe Alvarez and I decided

to put these thoughts into a Letter to the Editor of HUMAN AND

ECOLOGICAL RISK ASSESSMENT. The letter has since appeared:

Seiler, F.A., and J.L. Alvarez, "Confounding Factors and the Use of

Epidemiological Data in Risk Assessment."  Hum. Ecol. Risk Assess. 8,

627-630, 2002.

It talks about what is of interest and importance in risk assessment and

what is not. Sorry, folks, but the discussion on this mailing list is

not!!  So I will from now on hit the DELETE key on the rest of this

thread.

Best regards,

Fritz

Fritz A. Seiler, Ph. D.