Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 5:20 AM
Subject: Re: Cohen's Ecologic Studies

Dear Bill Field,
I do conceive of a way both you and Cohen could be right about your own studies.

What if c 4 to 6 pCi/L were a "threshold"? If below that, down to c 1.0 pCi/L there was a lower risk of cancer than either more OR LESS  radon concentration, both could be correct.

Do you have data to compare lung cancer rates where radon was 2-4 pCi/L with locations having <1.0 pCi/L? You wrote that most Iowa controls as well as cases had exposure to > 5.0 pCi/L radon, far above the USA  average for Cohen-studied counties.

Howard Long

,