Re: Dirty bomb - finally!

Dear Franz,

	I am afraid that you don't understand Americans very well.

Given the incredibly successful scaremongering of the Anti-Nukes,

any kind of nuclear radioactivity in any form equates with nuclear

bombs and fallout. So it is a good way of generating horrific terror

scenes. But that would be no different from the scenes in Germany,

Austria or Switzerland!

	On the other hand, no American cabinet minister would make something

like that story up out of whole cloth; he would be found

out in no time flat!  The fact in Washington is that if two or more

people know it, it is no longer a secret!  Not with the Press corps

here being what it is. I think that they had that guy on tap (they

did arrest him in early May!) and were waiting for just the right

time to spring this news on the press.  That was pure politics, and

quite good politics at that.

	The experts that some of the networks call on are usually

pretty knowledgeable, but some of the anchors and most of the

correspondents know next to nothing about too many things and create

a god-awful mess with beautiful misconceptions, errors, and outright

lies floating in it.

Well, have a nice week,

Fritz

Fritz A. Seiler, Ph. D.