Dirty bomb - finally!

I saw a press conference on CNN - now finally we have the dirty A-bomb!!!

Somebody has been arrested a month or so ago. He is accused to have

considered to explode a dirty A-bomb in the USA. Nobody claims, that he has

done any attempts to purchase radioactive sources, that he had any available

or that he had any possibility to construct a bomb. The expert on CNN, a Dr.

Gupta claimed, that radiation (not I-131!) mostly harms the thyroid and that

the effect of radiation (not I-131!) on the thyroid could be reduced by

taking potassium iodide pills. In the news of a German broadcast the expert

said, that radioactive materials, like they are present in X-ray-machines

(!!!) could be used.

It was nice to hear, that the director of either CIA or FBI was so eager to

hail the extremely well cooperation between these both organisations and how

the secretary of defense made clear, how well the USA is protected and that

any terroristic activities will be punished, and bla, bla, bla.

I am convinced, that this whole story is nothing but a hoax and I cannot

understand, that people in the USA believe it -it is much to easy to

understand what is behind the story. What is sad, is, that the US

administration now uses the irrational fears for radioactivity to make

politics.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer

Habicherg. 31/7

A-1160 Vienna, AUSTRIA

Phone: -43 699 11681319

e-mail: franz.schoenhofer@chello.at

Office:

MR Dr. Franz Schoenhofer

Federal Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management

Dep. I/8U, Radiation Protection

Radetzkystr. 2

A-1031 Vienna, AUSTRIA

phone: +43-1-71100-4458