RE: Ac-227 electroplated disk source

Yong

I used to work for a company that manufactured calibrated (NIST traceable)

sources and they are still around.

http://www.aeat-qsa.com/

Use the above link and look for the Isotrak Product Brand...they have

several Alpha isotopes, but not Ac-227.  They have on occasion done

specialty sources

I was wondering why you would be using Ac-227...The main Alpha energy is

4.95 MeV but has only a 0.6% probability of emission...Np-237 or Th-230 may

be another option (similar alpha energy and easier to acquire).

Cheers

Scott Stafford, B.Sc.

Assistant Health Physicist

Ontario Power Generation