Re: EPD's and RF

John,

As Mike stated, the older electronic dosimeters, be they Siemens or

MGP, all were negatively affected by RFI. The newer models do not

exhibit this effect. Coincidentally, I am attending the MGP Users

Meeting in Clearwater, FL, and, there have been many presentations

demonstrating that previous problems, such as RFI and even angularity

issues, have been eliminated with the newer models. I expect that

this is also true for the newer Siemens EPDs.

There is data that demonstrates that welding leads still causes a

problem when they are placed directly over the electronic dosimeter,

even for the newer models. This of course is not the situation your

dosimeter was exposed to.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com