EPD's and RF

Hello Radsafers- We recently put an electronic dosimeter out in

the guard house at our site entrance for issuance to the fire

department when they respond to an alarm on site.  I just

checked it and found it was showing a large dose.  I read the

data log on the unit and the dose accumulated a chunk at a

time, at random hours of random days that don't correspond

to any production schedules.  My hunch is that the unit is

getting affected by RF from a walkie-talkie base station

at the guard house.  Two questions:

1. Does my theory sound reasonable?

2. Is there any way to protect the dosimeter from the RF?

An aluminized mylar bag, perhaps?

The unit in question is one of the older Siemens

EPD-2's.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

John Laferriere, CHP

BMS Medical Imaging

978 671-8316