Re: "Oops, I did it, again." (medical misadministration)

a.  I'm using the latest revision to 10 CFR 35.

b.  500 mrem = 5 mSv  (This is an illustration of the confusion we'll see if we

adopt SI units.)

c.  My reference to 32 mCi is not in the regulations.  32 mCi was the intended

administration for this patient.  The hospital may have determined that the

released patient would meet 10 CFR 35.75 criteria based on the activity they

thought they administered, rather than on the activity they actually used.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies (and mrem) forever.

Bill Lipton

liptonw@dteenergy.com