RE: Pu contact dose rates

Greetings--

At 05:15 PM 6/17/2002 -0400, Minnema, Douglas wrote:

>...I was hoping to find a published method or results that I can compare

>my results

>against, to provide a technical basis for a future DOE standard on this

>issue.

No doubt you are already aware of this Doug, but I wanted to suggest that

LANL has been doing some work in this area. In particular, I'd like to

point out the work of my colleague Dr. R.T. Perry, who recently presented

the following paper:

"Alpha,n Reactions and Energy Deposition From Thin Layers of Actinide

Containing Material," American Nuclear Society, 12th Biennial RPSD Topical

Meeting (2002).

As this work discusses calculations similar to those you're asking about,

I'd be happy to provide more information (e.g. related LANL work) upon request.

Best regards,

Erik

Erik F. Shores

Los Alamos National Laboratory