Deadly deceit - low level radiation High level cover up

I have recently read this book written by Jay M Gould and Benjamin Goldman published in 1990, and would be grateful if anyone on radsafe could provide information on responses that may have been written to some of the arguments contained therein.  In particular to their epedeimiological studies (a subject of much debate on radsafe recently) which purport to show a super-linear effect for low doses of radiation.  Their studies center around four significant releases, one from the Savannah River Site in the early seventies, another around the Millstone site where damaged fuel lead to large atmospheric releases, the Three Mile Island Accident and the Chernobyl Accident.  The last is interesting because the UK government has recently establish a group to review the potential effects of low level radiation, and one of the areas to be studied is apparent statistically signifi! cant birth problems (apologies that I can't be more specific but I have lost the information) in some UK regions of high rainfall in the months following Chernobyl.

Warmest regards
                   Julian