        From:   Franta, Jaroslav [SMTP:frantaj@AECL.CA]
        Sent:   Thursday, 20 June 2002 4:30
        To:     Radsafe (E-mail); NASA Larry Kellogg (E-mail)
        Subject:        new radiation monitoring device ?

        In the current issue of the British periodical Spaceflight, there is
a news-brief about a device, developed with sponsorship of ESA (the European
Space Agency).
        The new device uses modified yeast which give off light
proportionally to the amount of DNA damage repair activity, and therefore
the amount of ionizing radiation (of all types).
        Its intended for use by astronauts (on the ISS) and possibly also by
pilots & flight attendants on airliners.

        I was not able to find anything about this on the ESA news web site
-- can someone direct me to an address on the internet please ?

        Thanks.

        Jaro

This e-mail is intended for the addressee(s) named and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Environment Protection Authority.