RE: Breast Cancer Study

> At 11:38 PM 6/21/2002 -0700, hflong@postoffice.pacbell.net wrote:

> >Selection  could explain  what Lubin calls "radiologic risk" [for breast

> >cancer] of radiology technicians.

> Especially since the abstract clearly states that the study is based on

> those women who _responded_.  Self-selection bias can be considerable.

> Brian Rees

Recall bias is a possibility, but we ASSUME low levels exposure while rad

techs might have been exposed to significant levels (i.e. above "hormetic"

levels) prior to 1950's. I read the abstract only , hope I'll find more

info about exposure in the full document

Dov  (Dubi)Brickner   MD

Beer Sheva    ISRAEL