Dose Range Calibrators

Good morning,

We are considering the pros and cons of doing our own

validation of our instrument calibration ranges.  I am

interested in answers to the following questions:

1)  Do you use panoramic source ranges (i.e., open air)

or cabinet calibrators?

2)  What manufacturer and model of dose instrumentation

do you use for calibration of your source ranges?  What

probes do you use?

3)  What dose rate ranges does your calibration cover?

4)  Do you have your calibration instrumentation

calibrated directly at NIST, or do you use a downstream

vendor for this calibration?

5)  How often do you recalibrate your source range?

6)  Any other considerations/advice you could offer?

Please respond to me directly at james.g.barnes@att.net.

Thanks,

Jim Barnes