RE: Shipping Question

Are we permitted a follow-up question or two?

First, I am assuming that the "return trip" package is an empty vial or cow

plus a lead pig of some type.  Is that a good assumption?

Second, by marked and labeled by DOT, I'm assuming that means it has an

"EMPTY" label and was shipped as UN2910.  Is that correct?

If those assumptions are correct, I think the driver would be guilty of

littering or promiscuous dumping.  It's possible that there's a hazardous

materials violation there if lead was in fact present.

Mark O. Somerville Ph.D.

Certified Health Physicist

Registered Environmental Assessor

Diablo Canyon Power Plant