RE: MEDHP-SEC: Re: Breast Cancer High in X-ray Techs Before 1950

Ted,

I am looking at Figure 11 in the article "X rays in diagnostic radiology" by

Ed Webster that appeared in the November 1995 issue of Health Physics. It

shows a "lead-shielded exclosure for an x-ray tube, desgined by H. Rollins

for F. H. Williams."  The article states the Rollins was the first to design

tube housings to reduce x-ray exposure to the patient and physician.

My impression was that x-ray units was becoming common place in the 1920's

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane