Re: dirty bomb

On 28 Jun 2002 at 12:30, BERNARD L COHEN wrote:

> --I want to convince people that dirty bombs are not what they

> should be worried about. I did not start the campaign to worry people; but

> once it is started, it should not be deceptive.

I agree.

We're awfully naive if we think that the terrorists aren't

intelligent enough to know what real targets are, and how to get the

most effect from maximum population "psychological" fears.

The difference between the terrorists and those trying to stop them

is:

1) The terrorists are proactively evaluating targets and methods for

success.

2) Those accountable for protecting us from these terrorists seem to

be following the typical "reactive" mode, instead of proactively

thinking "like a terrorist" and then taking the appropriate

countermeasures.

3) By taking action on every single item that we hear from a

Guantanamo prisoner, without corroborating what they hear, only gives

rise to the chicken little, the sky is falling. When a real threat

occurs, people won't be listening, and they won't be prepared.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax:(714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com