RE: Breast Cancer Study

Howard,

I have always been suspect of studies comparing medical patients to the

general population.  Obviously, patients are not as healthy as members of

the general population.  As NCRP 138 shows, there are several factors such

as age, total dose and the fact that the doses were highly fractionated.

However, it is hard to argue with the conclusion that fractionated doses are

additive.

By the way, are you referring to the Nova Scotia, with mean breast dose of

0.79 Sv, or non-Nova Scotia, with mean breast doses of 2.13 Sv studies of

Howe and McLaughlin?  The percent ERR/Sv differ considerably.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

3050 Traymore Lane