rad_waste_clearence_levels

Hi, everyone,

I am a new subscriber to this interesting discussion list.

My question is:

Do you think that we have to apply the CLEARENCE LEVELS as they are defined within European legislation http://europa.eu.int/comm/environment/radprot/122/rp-122-en.pdf (especially in solid form) to the radioactive waste generated from a Nuclear Medicine dept.?. Think about I-125 tubes from a RIA dept., or the solid I-131 radioactive waste generated during the hospitalization of thyroid ablation therapy patient.

Theodoros Skouras
Medical Physicist
University Hospital of Patras, GREECE
e-mail: skouras@med.upatras.gr