Re: rad_waste_clearence_levels

-----Urspr&oacgr;ngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Theo Skouras <skouras@med.upatras.gr>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Mittwoch, 03. Juli 2002 14:57

Betreff: rad_waste_clearence_levels

Hi, everyone,

I am a new subscriber to this interesting discussion list.

My question is:

Do you think that we have to apply the CLEARENCE LEVELS as they are defined

within European legislation

http://europa.eu.int/comm/environment/radprot/122/rp-122-en.pdf

The European Union publication Radiation Protection 122 (rp-122) is   n o t

legislation, it is only a recommendation. The clearance levels have to be

set by the individual member states, which may follow these recommendations

or not. I do not know about the Greek regulations, but could find the e-mail

address of someone who should know them well - please contact me privately

in case you need it.

Franz