Re: Senate votes by state

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: Otto G. Raabe <ograabe@UCDAVIS.EDU>

An: John M Priest Jr <priestj@DTEENERGY.COM>; RuthWeiner@AOL.COM

<RuthWeiner@AOL.COM>

Cc: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2002 20:02

Betreff: Re: Senate votes by state

>At 01:09 PM 7/11/02 -0400, John M Priest Jr wrote:

>    This is the response from my senator Michigan [Senator Debbie Stabenow]

><<<<

>    "I am deeply troubled that no government agency has conducted

full-scale physical tests of the casks that will be used to transport

nuclear waste to Yucca Mountain...."

>    *******************************

>July 11, 2002

>Davis, CA

>I have seen movies and data of the Sandia National Laboratory tests of

these types of casts going back many years. In one test a train engine

collides with a cask at full speed without seriously damaging it. What's

wrong here?

---------------

I have seen these films too. But, what is wrong is "Don't disturb me with

facts, I have made up my mind"! And the mind is dictated by political

considerations and nothing else.

A US senator is a politician as well as a member of parliament is it in

Great Britain, in France or in Austria. They do not work for "the truth",

they work for their reelection. A brilliant "joke" in Austria goes, "What is

the difference between a statesman and a politician?" Answer: "A statesman

is working for the future of his country, a politician for reelection."

Times for statesmen are over, we have only politicians left.

Franz