RE: Senate votes by state

Ruth,

I applaud you're analysis of the situation.  While I don't know your

experience around the U.S. Senate (and I assume the House does similar types

of activities, though not quite as freely because of constituency

differences), I could not have done a better job explaining what happens

within the congressional chambers better myself (which can be both a shame

and a reason to give thanks--depending on your view of the issue in

question).  While in high school, I served in the U.S. Senate as a page

where I was able to take in essentially everything that went on -- most of

which the public does not see -- and I can tell you first-hand that you have

described EXACTLY what happens.

Greg Gibbons