Re: Senate votes by state

Ah...California....The "no nuclear power" special

interest groups have pushed the Democrats into

die-hard anti-nuclear positions, no matter  how much

leverage these anti-nuclear positions donate (for

free!!) to 'special interests' like Enron, Calpine,

etc.  Then, because generating capacity is

constrained, these companies (some would call scams)

have got Carte Blanche to gouge the public and do

anything they want (or at least last year they were)!

And, pollution restrictions on fossil fuel plants in

California have been partially lifted because of the

energy shortage.

I can imagine the following chatter at the liberals'

cocktail parties: "Oh, but to be _liberal_ and to pat

ourselves on the back and call ourselves 'green,' we

_must_ be antinuclear because it's the politically

correct thing to do!"  [after all, we're part of the

elite Hollywood crowd who lives up in the hills in

million dollar mansions above the air pollution in the

LA Basin].

Politics works the same way in Germany.  The "Greens"

and other 'liberal' parties cling so tightly to their

diehard anti nuclear positions that they would rather

see expansion of fossil fuel capacity (and the

consequent pollution) than to have any nuclear power

plants operating.  No matter how much electrical

generation capacity is forced to be shifted to fossil

fuels (and the consequent pollution and foreign oil

dependence)...

On this issue, the "Green" emperor has no clothes, as

s/he is not Green!

~Ruth 2

note: I am a strong supporter of some other 'Green'

issues such as land conservation.

http://sbc.yahoo.com