Re: "caution"

> > On the other hand, I'd rather err on the side of caution in setting those

>This is a common philosophy, but, what I have found is that those who "err on

>the side of caution" have tunnel vision with respect to the impact of their

>conservatism.

The most widely accepted erroneous statement of all is, IMO "You cant' be

too careful"

It trumps many legitimate arguments with it's apparent striving for

perfection when, as you point out, the opportunity cost (a social concept

in economic terms) is rarely considered.

Rational heads often are made to appear foolhardy in comparison. A logical

travesty.

thanks for speaking to the point.

regards

Martin