RE: Portable gamma spectroscopy

Richard:

Consider the Exploranium radiation detection systems, specifically their miniSPEC.  We have one and found it quite useful in field situations.  I know they have a nuclear medicine library module that recognizes the common nuclear medicine nuclides.  They are in Ontario Canada and the phone is 905-670-7071.  Judging from your described needs, I would bet this is would fit the bill.  They are light weight, easy to field calibrate, and the info downloads to your computer for better analysis.

Larry Grimm

UCLA EH&S/ Radiation Safety Division

*	lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu   Phone:310/206-0712   Fax: 310/206-9051

Cell: 310/863-5556  Pager:1-800-233-7231ext93569

*	On Campus: 501 Westwood Plaza, 4th Floor, MS 951605

*	Off Campus: UCLA Radiation Safety Div, 501 Westwood Plaza 4th

Fl, Box 951605, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1605

*	If this email is not RSD business, the opinions are mine, not

UCLA's.