Re: FW: - Climate Change Hearings and the roll(?) of nuclear power

Radsafers,

Nuclear energy self-promotion with "Global Warming" is hypocritical, as untrue

as harm from low dose radiation.

Doctors for Disaster Preparedness, meeting last weekend, have regreted the

unscientific opportunism of nuclear energy proponents in pointing out CO2-

free electricity production.as a benefit because of "Global Warming"

(non-existent in long-term satellite measurement)!

Readers’ Forum, The Valley Times  (Published 7/24/02 under INCREASE CO2)

Editors and Readers,

Less CO2 leaves the USA on our east coast than enters on west because our

forests absorb more than our cars produce. Gov. Davis playing God with the

market again will defeat his noble purpose of improving our health and safety.

Bush is right here.

I am one of 17,000 scientists urging INCREASE CO2,  after careful study.  This

is 10 x as many as the less prestigious group seeming to support the Kyoto

agreement.

PETITION

(Circulated with urging from Frederick Seitz, Past President, National Academy

of Sciences, USA, President Emeritus, Rockefeller University)

We urge the United States government to reject the global warming agreement

that was written in Kyoto, Japan in December, 1997, and any similar proposals.

The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the environment, hinder the

advance of science and technology, and damage the health and welfare of

mankind.

There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon

dioxide, methane or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the

foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and

disruption of the Earth’s climate. Moreover there is substantial scientific

evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial

effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.”

  (17,000  + scientist signatures at www.oism/org)

 Howard Long MD MPH (Epidemiology)