RE: Shepherd 43-45 for sale

Rick:

My 1996 Shepherd catalogue shows the list price for a Shepherd Model 143-45A irradiator as $78,800. I'll let your bean counters figure the depreciation.

I presume this is the blood irradiator with the 4" diameter x 7" high canister/chamber?  If so, you may wish to find a list serve for blood banks and advertise it there. You may also wish to advertise it here, but the market is smaller in the radiation safety world for blood irradiators. Shepherd will often buy them back, but you would probably do better selling it elsewhere.  On the other hand, to ship it to anyone, you need a special DOT cask and I'll bet Shepherd is the only ones around with it. Any way you look at it, you will probably have to deal with Shepherd.

Larry Grimm

UCLA EH&S/ Radiation Safety Division

*	lgrimm@admin.ucla.edu   Phone:310/206-0712   Fax: 310/206-9051

Cell: 310/863-5556  Pager:1-800-233-7231ext93569

*	On Campus: 501 Westwood Plaza, 4th Floor, MS 951605

*	Off Campus: UCLA Radiation Safety Div, 501 Westwood Plaza 4th

Fl, Box 951605, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1605

*	If this email is not RSD business, the opinions are mine, not

UCLA's.