Re: Laser Safety Signs

>Esteemed Colleagues,

>Can anyone steer me in the direction of a vendor that supplies inexpensive

>(cardboard) laser safety signs.  The ones I have been running across are

>either metal of plastic and run $15-$30 a piece.  I was shooting more for

>like $15-$30 for a hundred!

>Thanks in advance,

Gordon--The easiest thing to do is to use readily available "clip

art" (free on the Internet, even, with a fairly quick search), print

your own signs on a color printer and laminate the resulting signs or

mount them in a plastic ticket holder or similar mount.  Not counting

your time, you can make signs for "pennies apiece".  We do this all

the time for all sorts of speciality safety signage that would cost a

fortune from a commercial supplier.  Tom

--

Tom Shelley,   Chemical Hygiene Officer, Cornell University

Department of Environmental Health and Safety, 125 Humphreys Service Building,

Ithaca, NY 14853.       (607) 255-4288              tjs1@cornell.edu