Re: Victims

Jim,

    I'm not so sure! It probably wasn't the intent of the NCRP/ICRP and

others in the radiation safety establishment to create  widespread

radiophobia, but if it was, they certainly succeeded beyond anything they

might have hoped for. Were it not for all the irrational radiophobia, we

would likely have a thriving nuclear power industry with all the economic

and environmental advantages it would give, poverty would be lower, better

health care available, and all the other benefits that could have been

afforded to society were it not for all the resources that have been

diverted toward useless radiation control programs. The Yucca Mountain

Project is just one shining example. Relatively speaking, the harm caused by

the Mafia may be  "peanuts".     Jerry