From: Erin Niven [mailto:erin_niven@yahoo.ca]

Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 7:52 AM

To: CHASE John -NUCLEAR

Subject: Re: PowerPoint - Lines on a Page

Dear John,

I have a round-about way of doing this, but you can

try it if you like:

1) prepare your slides as you would normally, but make

the very last slide blank

2) prepare your speaker's notes as you would normally,

but not on the last slide

3) make a diagram over the speaker's notes on the last

page - this is a white box with a white border

4) make a series of lines of equal width spaced

equally apart as you would like them to appear as

writing lines for the handouts

5) group the lines and the white box

6) save the file

7) copy the grouped object (box and lines) from the

last page and paste them over the speaker's notes on

all the preceding pages (make sure the order of this

grouped object is 'forward')

8) print all the slides as 'notes', except for the

last page

9) close the file but do not save

You should now have your presentation with speaker's

notes intact, but with a set of handouts with one

slide per page and writing lines.  You can then print

off whatever slides you want in the future just by

repeating steps 7-9.  I do something similar when I

have a presentation with page numbers, but want to

print off a slide here or there for someone.

I am inlcuding a small attachment as an example.

There are 4 slides - the first two are normal.  The

last is as I described it, and the third has the

grouped object pasted over the speaker's notes (just

as an example for you).  If you delete this grouped

object, you will see the regular speaker's notes

underneath.

Good luck - hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Erin Niven