Re: Truck carrying 'low-level' radioactive tools crashes

In a message dated 8/14/02 9:27:43 AM Mountain Daylight Time, caspar@AECOM.YU.EDU writes:

http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/081402/14nukecrash.html

This article revealed several things, besides the rampant hysteria:

1.  The differences in packaging are either not understood or deliberately distorted by the press and/or those who inform the press.
2.  Why is "low level" in quotes?  this is defined by regulation.  Again, this is a nasty little (and I suspect deliberate) distorion, as in "well they are trying to tell us it's low level, but we know..."
3.  The fact that there was no radioactive contamination is downplayed -- middle of the article -- "same as in the manifest" without saying what that was.

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com