Re: Relevance of experts

Michael,

    Why do you exclude  ICRP, NCRP, etc. from the "fearmongering" category?

    Imagine a world in which LNT is no longer considered an acceptable

concept, and hormesis is regarded as the most likely relationship.  Except

for potential radiation exposures significantly above background levels,

there would be no need for radiation protection guidance and organizations

like ICRP & NCRP would have  essentially lost their reason for existence.

    Self preservation is a strong motivating force. The  "radiation

priesthood" (IRCP, NCRP, etc)  has a strong self-interest in

preserving  public radiophobia.

. There are groups with vested interests in maintaining the status

> quo of irrational fearmongering (but I certainly do not include the ICRP,

> NCRP, etc. here) among politicians, the media, and the public, and there

are