Leak test of Kr-85 radioactive source

Dear Radsafers

Could anyone tell us how to do leak test of a radioactive Kr-85 source. This

source is a beta emitter used as a thickness guage. In my openion, Kripton

is an inert gas and it will not stick on the surfaces and will be taken away

by the air, therefore, we can not take smear or wipe samples to see whether

the source is leaking or not. We would appreciate it if somebody could

suggest the proper way to find the leakage of this source.

Thank you in advance.

Fazal-ur-Rehman

P.O. Box # 1292

Department of Physics

King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals

Dhahran 31261

Saudi Arabia