Re: AW: Victims

Gary Isenhower wrote:

> Its a question of Who Should Hold the Gun?  And the answer is the one

> least likely to use it.  In my book that's us, good old America.  I

> can't think of even one nation less likely to use it than us.

Seeing as how the US has already used The Bomb twice and no other

nuclear-empowered nation has used it at all, I don't really follow this

logic.  Do countries pour ungodly amounts of money into designing and

producing weapons that they have no intention of using?

Frankly, I believe that the US is willing use a strategic nuclear device

if it serves an important military purpose.  Our country has refused to

sign a "no first strike" agreement.  It continues to design, build and

test (currently via modeling) new weapons and is putting in place even

more complex supporting infrastructure (National Ignition Facilty;

modernized facilities at Y-12 National Security Complex).  The current

administration is talking about resuming underground tests.

And this is all merely saber-rattling?

Personally, I prefer to look at the evidence and not put my faith in a

myth that everyone is supposed to believe.

Regards,

Susan Gawarecki

Disclaimer: These are my personal opinions.