Radon and Lung Cancer

Hi,
While on the topic of Radon vs. cancer, I have a question for anyone who can shed some light on our situation. We have an Autunite mine which is about 220 feet into a mountain.  The air circulation within the mine is quite good and there is always a slight breeze coming out of it. What alarms me is that the walls inside the mine are fluorescent green under short wave ultra violet light, but not long wave. This fluorescent green is on the exposed surface of the rock only and from the floor to about 5 feet up the walls. Above the 5 foot level there is no fluorescence. Whatever is causing the fluorescence has penetrated into the rock from 1/2 inch to a full inch. It is very damp inside and there is water on the floor. This accumulation has taken place over about 50 years. The fluorescent rock is only about twice normal background radiation. Could this be caused by radon?  I have been concerned about radon and would welcome any suggestions.
                    Thanks,
                        Ron