Re: HEU in Yugoslavia,

I have no knowledge of the fuel recovered from Yugoslavia but I would like

to comment regarding "Is it just me or is approx. 7 grams per rod kind of

low?"  In the late 1950s the Pentagon started Project Pluto.  This project

involved a 500 mega-watt nuclear ram jet engine that contained 500,000 HEU

fuel rods.  Each rod was a small tube less than an inch long and probably

weighed less than 2 grams each.  They were built by a ceramic company owned

by Adolph Coors ( yeah, the same guy who now makes a pretty good brew).  For

a pretty good review of the project and some pics of the reactor see:

http://www.merkle.com/pluto/pluto.html

Carl Speer

Real-Time Radiological Services, Inc.

North Las Vegas, NV