[Fwd: Re: GAO Opens DB Investigation]

[I am forwarding this to Radsafe with the permission of the author.

Bill Lipton]

     I don't think they put profit in front of safety.  It was a

decision

     made.  If there were no regulatory leak rate or ISI timeframes

     exceeded, then it's no issue.

     Why should a pwr depressurize the containment and let out all those

     noble gases?  Hold them an extra half-life.  They are truely

putting

     profits first in this instance...no?  How about short outages?

Take

     your time, dbl PC everyone, NO CONTAMINATION EVENTS.  Any decision

     reduce PCs or not wear a respirator is purely a sacrifice in

safety.

     Bill, w/o reviewing the pedigree that led to the degredation of the

Rx

     head, these are my thoughts; the plant wasn't self critical enough

     (it's the ONLY industry that does self assessments) and now they

are

     paying the price.

     Matt Williamson

     former (why, because it nukes are OVER regulated) nuke rad

engineer...