Another question re: dose

A while ago someone posted an anti-nuke URL to this list. I went and read

it and started seeing through all of the hoopla.

One item caught my attention. Someone was trying to differentiate between a

whole-body dose (let's say 10mSv/year) and that same dose applied to a

single point (I think the example was within the lung).

I realize that an alpha emitter may create a much greater risk (why else is

its QF 20?) but I think I'm lost about whole body doses and point doses.

Now that I'm thinking about it, how do some things become contaminated with

radiation while others don't?

Pointers to GOOD FAQs would be useful (it's hard to separate wheat from

chaff in this subject on the Web).

A little math doesn't scare me...but lots of math does <smile>.

Thanks!

Richard