temporal? variations in background

While the discussion on variation in BG is going on: Does anyone have an

idea of the variations in BG radiation over time? There are short term

spikes in radon after a rain and there are changes in cosmic ray fluxes etc.

How do these phenomena affect the long term average exposure?

For example, if my radiation exposure last year was 3.0 mSv and I live in

the same place and do the same things this year, how close to 3.0 mSv can I

expect my exposure to be this year?

How do these temporal variations in natural BG compare with events such as

atmospheric weapons testing, Chernobyl etc...?

Thanks,

Kai

http://www.eic.nu