RE: nuke guards undertrained; overworked

Norm,

While I think I know what you're asking for with this, I'm not so sure that

any of Unplug Salem's solutions to this problem are going work --

1) Shutting them down -- still have spent fuel in the fuel pool, and I doubt

that security for the plant gets any better than it would be when the plant

is operating -- problem not solved in terms of a terrorist attack (of

course, spent fuel might not be there if it was in Yucca Mountain where it

should be going -- so perhaps the real solution is to open Yucca Mountain to

get rid of the spent fuel and keep the plant going to ensure that proper

levels of security are maintained)

2) Another federal force -- ummm -- we now have a federal force working the

security checkpoints at our airports -- do you REALLY feel any safer getting

on an airplane than you did before the feds took over?  Didn't think so, me

neither.

3) This is a pretty good idea, but I've learned that more money and training

don't often translate to less-tired security.  Need a little more of

something to make this one work.

Greg Gibbons