Re: TFP update article, E Magazine

On 16 Sep 2002 at 12:14, RuthWeiner@AOL.COM wrote:

> The other Florida nukes are located many miles north and northwest from Miami and Dade County -- essentially at the

> other end of Florida.

I worked for Florida Power and Light Co. for 22 years, and, the St. Lucie Plant is located

in on Hutchinson Island, directly across fro the Port St. Lucie / Ft. Pierce area, which is

about 80 miles or so north of Miami. The Crystal River Plant, Florida Power Corp (not to

be confused with FPL) is north of the Tampa area. Both St. Lucie and Crystal River are

mid state, and not at the other end of FL.

As far as whoever made the statement whether or not Turkey Point was operational is

1975, it certainly was. The Units 3 and 4 went operational in 1973 an 1974.

Sandy Perle

Director, Technical

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Tel: (714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100  Extension 2306

Fax: (714) 668-3149

E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net

Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/