RE: More on "Perception is reality"

Having taught relative risk, and perceptions of it, in the past, one of the

examples I've used is driving--in particular, people who speed, but wait for

a passing zone even when they can see that the road ahead is clear (the

"honest lawbreakers" pass you no matter what--no deception on their part).

But my favorite one of these was a Sunday school teacher a few weeks ago who

made such a point in class about abiding by the speed laws--and then passed

me (he was speeding) the following Tuesday on the way to work! Ever notice

that HP techs only get contaminated when other people are around?

Jack Earley

Radiological Engineer