From: RuthWeiner@AOL.COM [mailto:RuthWeiner@AOL.COM]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 6:09 AM
To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: The FFTF

I am posting the following because I believe it is of interest to RADSAFERS:

Ruth:
Thanks for your support.  The underlying documents justifying  DOE's destruction of the FFTF are extraordinarily poor quality.  The case against the FFTF has yet to be made.  Worse, this is a national health issue which the DOE explicitly (in the Holland report) did not consider.  This is 90% of the reason for saving the FFTF, yet they ignore it.

In one recent study the cost savings to the Medicare program for a single diagnostic advanced nuclear procedure for breast cancer could save more than $800,000,000 per year.  The total annual savings would be in the billions/yr.

Last night in Yakima (first time any hearing has been held there) we got the signatures of 44 MDs endorsing the restart.  Other knowledgeable MDs are also weighing in.

We'd encourage FFTF hearings to be held across the nation for the public to hear of the amazing new cancer diagnostics and therapies.

Ruth Weiner
ruthweiner@aol.com