Re: Governor Gray Davis has vetoed SB 1970

>Is this too good to be true or has it really happened!!!!

>Congratulations to you, Barbara, and all of the others who worked

>so hard and so long in their attempt to halt this silliness. I hope

>all of you are able to really enjoy a deep satisfaction from the fact

>that your efforts were not fruitless. It was horribly close, but did

>work out in the end.

>Cheers,

>Maury     maury@webtexas.com

Maury,

I agree that the Gov. sending the bill back unsigned is a great

event; however, if you read the statement from the Gov you may find

that he did not really give the DHS, the courts, or the users in the

state much of a break.

Paul Lavely

UC Berkeley

The following is edited.