Re: "Limit to Survival - Effect of Radiation

In a message dated 10/4/02 6:55:48 PM Mountain Daylight Time, muckerheide@attbi.com writes:

> Around 1960-61, obstetricians stopped routinely x-raying the fetus at term
> (to detect breech presentation).

Do you have data anywhere except in Chicago? (Oppenheim, Chicago lying-in
hospital, 1974 - Only fetal exposure with no medical reason I'm aware of,
unlike Alice Stewart et al.)

Interestingly, I have personal data.  One of my daughters was born in 1961,  in Baltimore.  The latter birth was a bit difficult (she got stuck and was a forceps delivery), and my OB guy  told me that from 1960 on, routine x-ray in cases like mine, and in suspected breech presentations, had not been done since 1960, in accordance with the policies of the Maryland Medical Association.

Ruth
Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com