RE: "Limit to Survival - Effect of Radiation

Ruth,

That is my point.  If you use the right set of numbers, you can show what

you want. This is what the "anti's" do.  Yes, we had fallout in the 1950s

and 1960s.  But as the fallout decayed, our life expectancy increase.

Certainly the average worker exposure has been decreasing.  There are

certainly enough population data to show that life has improved.

(By the way, I believe that screening chest x-rays for TB was stopped

because of the development of the skin test and the overall reduction of TB

in the population.  Unfortunately, because of reduced health care spending,

the TB rate in starting to increase.  You can say the skin test is a good

example of ALARA.)

Your last statement goes to the heart of my argument about low dose, dose

rate exposures.

Have a good weekend.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS