RE: Transport of a Self-Contained Irradiator

Radsafers,

Thanks to all who replied to my request for information on shipping a self-contained irradiator. In my case, my client wishes to ship a Cs-137 irradiator that would require an overpack to make it a suitable DOT shipping container. Also the sealed source certificate requires the manufacturer (Shepherd) to set it up upon arrival. Since Shepherd actually takes licensed possession of the sealed source and becomes the shipper of record, it seemed far easier to have Shepherd do the entire move and set-up.

Regards,

Wes

Wesley R. Van Pelt, PhD, CIH, CHP

Wesley R. Van Pelt Associates, Inc.

Consulting in Radiation Safety and Environmental Radioactivity.

http://home.att.net/~wesvanpelt/Radiation.html

mailto:wesvanpelt@att.net