use of e-mail / forum --- a question

Hello from Western Australia, dear colleagues

I was wondering...  The ONLY three places on the Internet to which I've

submitted my work e-mail address are these three e-mail lists (I use other

accounts for the private stuff).  The amount of junk mail I am receiving

lately is getting out of hand.  Am I the only one in this situation?

Somehow I do not think so...

The suggestion to set up a "Radiation Protection Forum" has been floated

before, but got nowhere.  From one side it is less convenient, true - one

has actually log onto a site and browse it to see the updates.  From the

other side, this would be a benefit as the search in archives will be quite

simple.  It is quite surprising that, to the best of my knowledge, there

isn't a forum anywhere.  The ones available are either addressing very VERY

specific issues and consist of about 20 people max, or being promoted by

commercial organisations as 'service'.

Off-the-shelf scripts are widely available and the set-up should not be a

problem.

I would suggest starting it on my www.eneabba.net <http://www.eneabba.net> ,

but

(a)	I cannot do it all alone,

(b)	I do not know if there will be an interest, and

(c)	I will probably run out of space pretty soon and do not want to pay

anything more than I already am for my 200Mb.

I can also spend time used daily to delete mail and block senders on doing

some work for this hypothetic forum...

I would like as many people as possible to answer the following question

(directly to me on nick.tsurikov@iluka.com <mailto:nick.tsurikov@iluka.com>

).

Are you in favour of an e-mail list or a forum?

Let's call it a poll.  I will compile the answers in the mid-November when

I'll be back from Europe and we'll see what we can do.

Kind regards

Nick Tsurikov

Eneabba, Western Australia

nick.tsurikov@iluka.com <mailto:Nick.tsurikov@iluka.com>

http://www.eneabba.net/ <http://www.eneabba.net/>

P.S.  Not funny - whilst I was writing this message, three more junk e-mails

arrived...