Re: radiation exposue at st lucie

Worse than that, Barbara,
Whoever wrote that must not have had high school science, but is "educating" the public.
We all are "exposed" continually, for which we should thank our Luckey stars (hormesis).

The dose of ionizing radiation there was undoubtedly much less than if the nuclear worker had chosen to have whole body MRI (1-10 cGy), now promoted at Harvard for questionable screening value. This discrimination benefits only the metastasizing bureaucracy..

Howard Long

BLHamrick@AOL.COM wrote:

In a message dated 10/12/2002 4:57:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ncohen12@comcast.net writes:

> HUTCHINSON ISLAND, Fla.- Federal officials are investigating
> how 28 nuclear power plant workers were exposed to radiation
> during a maintenance operation.

Is there any dose estimate?  Or, is this just a huff-puff and scare 'em piece?  Workers all over the United States are "exposed to radiation during...routine operationp[s]."  Where's the news?

Barbara