Re: radiation exposue at st lucie

10/14/02 11:26:01 PM, hflong@postoffice.pacbell.net wrote:

>  The dose of ionizing radiation there was undoubtedly much less than if the

>  nuclear worker had chosen to have whole body MRI (1-10 cGy), now promoted at

>  Harvard for questionable screening value. ...........

Hi all:

Just to correct a simple typo in the above post, it would seem the phrase "whole body MRI (1 -

10 cGy)" should likely read  "whole body CAT scan (1 -10 cGy)". I'm not sure if this is the

correct range of values for a whole body CAT scan, but MRI has no dose eqivalency in terms of

cGy.

Stewart Farber

email: farbersa@optonline.net