Fw: "Hormetic" responses are intrinsic to biology

Jim,

You missed my point.  The charge was made that human research studies were

suppressed.  They were not, but may have found their way into obscure

reports or reported in old scientific and medical journals.

First, why would the NRC investigate the Charlie Willis' allegations?  Was

the meeting he spoke at an investigative session on misconduct, or was his

allegation peripheral to the main purpose his presentation?  Maybe he

comments were one of the issues that lead to the funding of NCRP 136,

although I do not remember that K-40 cell experiments being identified in

it?  (More suppression or non-relevant?)

If you do have the transcript, please send it to me at my work address.  I

have never accused you of sending false information.  I only say that after

reading the original text, I choose to disagree with your conclusion in the

context of your political agenda.  I will try to get a copy from the NRC,

but it may take a while.

I certainly cannot make any statements about your claims of government and

regulatory suppression of data, or the individuals involved.  I do notice a

twing of bitterness in that the scientific committees do not accept your

conclusions on the relevance of the data you present.  (However, you were

referenced in NCRP 136, so I guess they did review the some of your

submitted material.  If they had accepted the claims, I am sure your view of

the NCRP would be different.  Such is life.)

As for relevant DOE research, I believe they are conducting epidemiological

studies of the Myank (sp?) workers in Russia.  From a human standpoint, this

should be very interest.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist